Sports Management and Marketing Agency-TAUMATURG is very pleased to announce competition: The Youth Sports Photo Contest 2012
About the Contest
People who have an interest in photography, now have a chance to showcase their work and bring awareness to the youth sports at the same time. This is the ultimate photo opportunity to inspire and be inspired. Explore your creative directions, pitch yourself against the best in your field, and boost your career in photography.
The Youth Sports Photo Contest is all about capturing some great shots which show what sporting events mean to you – the people, the atmosphere and the celebrations.
We want you to share your best action shots in our online photo contest!
The competition aims to encourage people across the world to record all aspects of youth sport and play in their own countries and communities – from informal, fun activities through to local, national and international organised sporting events and competitions.
The competition is open to professionals and non-professionals photographers of all countries aged 15 years and over and entrants can submit up to three photographs for the competition.
All submissions must be made through email. Entries must be submitted with Fee Payment Receipt/Slip by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: The Youth Sports Photo Contest.
The contest opens for entries on 20 August 2012 and ends at midnight (GET) 30st November 2012. Late entries will not be accepted.
All enquiries regarding the competition should be sent to email@example.com
The award-winning photographs will be evaluated by a panel of professional judges.
The winners will be awarded with prizes: 1-st place- 3000 $; 2nd- 2000$; 3rd- 1000$.
There will be additional prizes for the highly commended entries.
The list of finalists will be announced on 7 December 2012 .
Photography Competition Terms and Conditions
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have read and abided by the terms and conditions before submitting their photographs.
1. The Organiser of the competition is the Sports Management and Marketing Agency-TAUMATURG. The competition is open to anyone except those involved in its organisation, employees of the Sports Management and Marketing Agency-TAUMATURG and their immediate family, sponsors of the competition, judges and their immediate family.
2.. The competition is open to professionals and non-professionals photographers of all countries aged 15 and over and entrants can submit up to three photographs for the competition.
4. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
5. The closing date for submissions is midnight on 30 November 2012 and any submissions received after this time will not be considered for the competition.
Registration (Participation) fees: (wich will be directed to help children affected by disasters)
Please note that there are some application rounds and the amount of registration fees for each of the images submitted are:
Payment of fees can be done by Bank Transfer to Center for Disaster and Climate Change Risk Reduction and transfer copy must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find below banking details for sending registration fee:
Account holder’s full name: Centrul pentru Reducera Riscului la Dezastre si la Schimbarea Climei; Bank account number: 2224710SV51504107100
Bank name: BC “Mobiasbanca-Groupe Societe Generale” SA; SWIFT: MOBBMD22; Bank’s address: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, str. Stefan cel Mare 81A
Correspondent bank of the beneficiary bank: The bank of New York, NY USA; BIC,SWIFT: IRVTUS3N
Please indicate YOUR NAME on the payment and that the amount deposited/ sent is specifically for Photo Contest.
Camera and file type specifications
1. Entries must be done with a digital camera or a mobile phone in any format. Poor quality images will not be permitted. Each entrant may submit a maximum of 3 images to the competition. Black and white images are permitted.
2. Images should be submitted as high resolution JPEGs or TIFF files. If you are successful in being shortlisted, we will request your original file for reproduction purposes, with no interpolation applied. Please keep copies of all your original and resized images safe. Images submitted must be of sufficient resolution to produce high quality large scale prints from. If the original file is not received, the image may be disqualified from the competition.
3. There are no restrictions on the type of camera used but it should be noted that part of the judging criteria will be technical excellence and it is therefore recommended that you use the highest possible quality setting on your camera. The file should be as large as you can achieve with your equipment. The image should have been taken using a camera to allow the image to be printed at A2 size for the purposes of exhibition.
Adjusting your image
1. The faithful representation of what was captured at the time of the shot being taken must be maintained. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning work (removing dust spots), levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Sharpening and minimal cropping is allowed. Stitched images are not permitted.
2. Compositing, multiple exposures, sandwich shots and double exposures are not permitted. Adding or removing elements into/from the image is not allowed. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
3. Black and white images are permitted. Digital files or scans of transparencies can be submitted. Dodging, burning and toning of these are allowed.
Subjects and Ethics
1. The competition asks photographers to put the welfare of animals first and to safeguard their environment and that they do not do anything to injure or distress animals or destroy the environment in their attempt to get their photographs. If the Organiser or the judges suspect that a picture was taken using cruel or unethical practices, the entry will be disqualified.
1. If you entry is nominated you will be notified on 7 December 2012. The list of entries will be notified it they are finalists on 7 December 2012 and will be informed if they have won a prize. The full details of the winners, runner-up and highly commended entries will be announced for the first time at the awards ceremony which will take place on 18 December 2012
2. If the Organiser is unable to contact winners after reasonable attempts have been made, the Organiser reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up.
1. Judges appointed by the Organiser will choose the winners. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
2. Should the quality of entries fall below the standard required, the Organiser reserves the right not to award prizes. Such decisions shall be unchallengeable.
Copyright and Reproduction
1. The copyright of the entire image must belong to the entrant.
2. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition, all entrants grant to The Youth Sports Photo Contest the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on our website for the public voting, at the awards ceremony and to use the image(s) in any of our publicity, including, but not limited to the calendar, marketing materials, newsletters, posters. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists or runners up also agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
3. Media will be allowed to publish winning images for the purpose of promoting the photography competition without express permission from the photographer. All images used by the media will be credited to the photographer.
4. Third parties will not be granted permission to use images for other purposes without express permission from the photographer.
1. All entries are sent at the photographer’s risk. The Sports Management and Marketing Agency-TAUMATURG regrets that it cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any images entered in the competition (howsoever caused) nor for any other loss or damage resulting there from.